Head of Digital Marketing & eCommerce
ABOUT MERCI MAMAN
Merci Maman is a London-based brand, designing, crafting and selling hand-engraved jewellery. The company has grown consistently since it began in 2007 and this trend has accelerated in recent years, thanks to very strong PR when the Duchess of Cambridge was spotted wearing one of our necklaces in 2014 and thanks to innovations, internationalisation in Europe & in the US and increased investments in Digital Marketing.
Last year marked another milestone as we celebrated our 10th anniversary, received the Queen's Award for Enterprise by Queen Elizabeth II and won Small eCommerce of the Year 2017. Turnover has grown year-on-year and we ended 2017 with a £4 million turnover. After opening a second workshop in Paris in 2016, we have just opened of a 3rd workshop in Berlin and launched our website in Spanish early 2018.
It's in this context that we are looking to bring on board an experienced Head of Digital Marketing & eCommerce who can lead the team as a whole to accelerate our growth. Our business has more than doubled in the past 3 years and we are planning to double the business again by 2020. Therefore we are searching for the right candidate with a proven track record of handling this size of business and taking it to the next level.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Head of Digital Marketing & eCommerce, you will bring your expertise in online user experience, search engine optimisation and digital marketing on multiple channels such as targeted emailing, automation, pay-per-click, customer retargeting and loyalty programs. A key objective will be identifying areas of improvement through the use of analytics and in-depth insights to deliver a digital marketing and eCommerce actionable plan for the year to come.
An important part of this role will be leading the Digital Marketing & eCommerce, develop all team members and recruit new talents. The current team includes four members who you will manage and mentor:
- Digital Marketing & eCommerce Manager
- Copywriter & Online Merchandiser
- Senior Web Developer
- Junior Web Developer
You will also work very closely with our co-founders - Béatrice & Arnaud de Montille - and our in-house Brand Marketing team and Country Managing Directors.
- Define the eCommerce strategy, developing schedules and roadmaps for the team to follow
- Continuously optimize the website traffic, user experience and conversion rate, working closely with the technical team to drive site optimisation across all devices and countries
- Utilize SEO & PPC best practices
- Report eCommerce performance to the team and provide actionable plans
- Keep up-to-date with eCommerce technology, trends and opportunities.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to plan, evaluate and optimise our campaigns
- Develop our Email & CRM Marketing program using segmentation and automation
- Define the merchandising strategy, identifying the product categories to be promoted and the brand image to be communicated on site
- Implement best practices in acquisition and retention techniques to ensure high volumes of new customers, repeat purchases and increased lifecycle value
- Develop our Customer Loyalty program.
- Lead the Digital Marketing & eCommerce team, defining clear objectives and monitoring their performance and results
- Train and mentor the team on eCommerce and digital marketing best practices
- Hold monthly meetings to ensure the team are kept up to date with developments
- Actively participate in the recruitment, training and development of new team members
- Strong analytical skills and advanced knowledge in the use of tools essential for performance analysis and conversion optimisation
- A highly commercial mindset, focused on driving revenue
- A strong knowledge and passion of user experience and CRM
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise own and team's workloads efficiently
- Strong team leadership and talent development skills
- Must have previous experience of heading up an eCommerce team and a proven track record of successfully developing eCommerce and digital marketing projects.
SALARY AND ADVANTAGES
- Competitive salary based on experience
- End-of-the-year bonus based on performance
- Pension Plan
- Health Insurance
- Critical illness cover
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Office in the heart of Parsons Green
Business Development Manager - Italy
Fulham, London or Paris
Merci Maman is a Franco-English jewellery brand launched in London in 2007. We design and craft contemporary personalised jewellery engraved by hand in our studio, including bracelets, necklaces and accessories for women, men and children.
Launched 10 years ago by Beatrice de Montille, the company’s growth was accelerated in February 2014 when Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, was spotted wearing a Merci Maman necklaces. Since then we have won several awards such as the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, one of the most prestigious awards in Great Britain.
Given Merci Maman’s growth in within Europe last year, we are developing our presence in the Italian Market. We are looking to expand our team with a Business Development Manager for Italy who will working closely with the MDs and the Founders and responsible for marketing and business development activities in the Italian market.
Key responsibilities include:
- E-commerce: Run the Italian version of the website: copy writing and looking after all orders and customer enquiries on a daily basis.
- Marketing: Increase brand awareness in Italy through running the Italian Facebook page, organising Blog reviews and giveaways, setting up partnerships with like-minded brands, contacting journalists and influencers.
- Sales: Find online marketplaces and negotiate with department stores to sell our personalised jewellery creations on their websites.
- Management: junior and/or agencies to translate the website, increase brand awareness, develop PR etc.
- Take part to the daily production of orders
- Participate in key event and product development brainstorming
We are looking for:
- An enthusiastic team player looking for a dynamic working environment with flat hierarchies and responsibilities from the beginning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Excel and Photoshop.
We value creativity and a positive ‘can do’ attitude as well as an open exchange of ideas.
Competitive remuneration incl. bonuses, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension plan, optional health insurance and critical illness cover.
If you have the required skills and experience, please get in touch with Capucine Dunoyer de Segonzac at [email protected].