The weather is getting warmer and days are getting longer. With Summer in full swing now is the best time to explore the outdoors! Whether that’s by spending the day by the beach, a picnic at the park or an adventure camping. There are numerous ways to enjoy the warmer weather. However, a new season requires new jewellery care instructions. To keep your jewellery sparkling and stylish, keep reading for our best Summer jewellery care top tips!
Why Should You Clean Your Jewellery
So you may be thinking ‘why should I clean my jewellery?’ Well, the simple answer is that cleaning your jewellery can be the key to having dull or sparkling pieces! Regularly cleaning your jewellery will help it look as good as new. We recommend using our easy-to-use Jewellery Care Kit that features a ‘Jewellery Sparkle’ solution, a small tray that is used to submerge your jewellery into the solution, a miniature brush and a polishing cloth to catch any imperfections.
How to Take Care of Your Jewellery This Summer
Summer can be a season that is full of fun and excitement. With the weather getting warmer it can also be an opportunity to showcase your most stylish outfits and best pieces of jewellery. However, extra care should be taken when wearing jewellery in the summer to ensure your pieces are kept in the best condition possible.
Some general rules that we recommend you stick to are:
- Avoid direct exposure to harsh chemicals such as perfume, hairspray, body oils, and deodorant. Usually, there is nothing corrosive within the substances themselves however, they can react negatively with your pieces.
- In the summer particularly, you should also be wary of sweat and sun cream coming into contact with your jewellery.
- Are you fancying a trip to the beach this summer? Be sure to be vigilant of sand coming into contact with your pieces as sand can be abrasive and could potentially cause scratches on your precious pieces.
- Being sure to carefully clean your jewellery with a soft, non-abrasive cloth to help maintain its shine
- Be sure to clean all your Merci Maman jewellery in our easy-to-use kit featuring a ‘Jewellery Sparkle’ solution, a small tray used to submerge your jewellery into the solution and a brush and polishing cloth to catch any imperfections.
We hope you find these tips useful and that you make the most of enjoying your summer!