To get you in the mood for the Easter weekend, we’ve partnered with Hélène from Croque-Maman to bring you a delicious recipe! Get your ovens on!
We’re ventured into Hélène’s kitchen universe! Hélène runs the website Croque-Maman, where you’ll find a gorgeous e-boutique filled with beautiful products and a lovely blog, all designed to help you raise happy eaters!
If you fancy a little bit of extra fun before the Easter Bunny arrives, why not bake some Easter bunny biscuits with your little ones! As you know, getting your kids in the kitchen is one of the keys to raising happy eaters. Plus it will keep them busy for at least half an hour!
Just like all of Hélène’s favourite recipes, these biscuits are easy to make, beautiful to look at and delicious to eat!
Easter Bunny Biscuits Recipe
Makes 12 bunny biscuits
- 100g flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 50g butter, diced
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 15 Milkybar giant buttons
- Combine the flour and the sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg yolks and the diced butter to the bowl and work all the ingredients together rubbing gently the butter dice with your fingers until the dough comes together and you can form a ball.
- Place the dough ball back into the bowl, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Pre-heat your oven to 160°C, thermostat 5-6. Get the dough out of the fridge and work it if it has hardened.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface into a 3-4 mm thick rectangle.
- Use a bunny-shaped biscuit cutter to cut biscuits from the dough. Arrange on the baking tray covered with parchment paper. “Paint” them with a little bit of milk and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Get them out of the oven to cool down.
- Melt 3 Milkybar giant buttons and use the melted chocolate to paste the other buttons on the bunny biscuits.
Merci Maman meets Croque-Maman
Our founder, Béatrice, was interviewed by Hélène and asked about some of her favourite things to cook, what her family enjoys eating and some happy food memories from her own childhood!
If you’d like more updates from Croque-Maman, register to Hélène’s weekly newsletter and you will automatically receive a FREE stress-free dinner guide with three yummy dinner recipes of less than 5 minute preparation time together with a printable meal planner!